Plain of Ice
... and if I am going to die, I will take you with me

Starlight's Song

Started by Kasaya Nakajima at Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm
24 Posts

Kasaya Nakajima

Star Queen

We are all a single strand in the web of life. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.

? Years Young 12 Posts Goteijusantai Kidoshu Third Seat

Ah, "yes actually," she said. "Shinigami can get hypertension." Unfortunately, it often manifested in very weird ways, because shinigami didn't quite work the same way as humans, try as they might to pretend otherwise. In any case, they should return to the Seireitei, before Civir decided to keep them here for six years, or something likewise alarming.

Not to say she believed Civir did these things on accident. It was more likely, and her current theory, that Civir simply had too much residual power, and not enough sentience to control it, thereby it leaked out and did strange things; moved the landscape, caused strange extreme weather patterns, and made time flow at random speeds at random moments.

Sure, it was strange, but that was Civir.

She smiled, slightly, tapping the ice again; the starry blackness receded, the crystals disappearing and the singing fading. "You know, when the first shinigami came here," she said, nodding for him to follow her back to the senkaimon, "they were here for only ten minutes, and when they returned to Seireitei, they'd been gone for three years." At that time, it'd been amusing. Kasaya could admit to having a mischievous streak a mile wide sometimes.

"Do you think it's possible for love to transcend lifetimes?" That was probably a strange question, at least to him, but if anyone would know, it'd be him. She was curious, if he still felt the same about Kassandros now as he almost did then, because maybe it wouldn't be so strange of her to want to reconnect with Andrei. It'd been so long since the last time they'd known each other, but maybe they were drawn to the ones they were drawn to for a reason, even if she couldn't quite fathom what that reason might be.

Strangely, the Dreamer couldn't see into the hearts of man; and frankly, barely understood its own.

Open up your eyes; save yourself from fading away now, don't let it go;
Open up your eyes; see what you've become, don't sacrifice;

Sandalio Villas

León de España
? Years Young 14 Posts Goteijusantai Ichibantai Commander

Oh, well that was news to him. But then again he'd never really had a reason to ask any of the healers abou tthat and hadn't ever had a reason to think about it. But, of course, Junius existed in his ailing state, so perhaps the answer that they could indeed end up with hypertension shouldn't have been that suprising. Anyway, it didn't really matter in the end. The point was that he would probably be fine and worrying was just something that he did.

Wince. "That is... a lot of time slip." As the crystals disappeared and the music faded his attention returned to Kasaya more directly. It was easier to concentrate fully on her now, but it would be hard to forget what he had seen here. Then again, he had a feeling he wasn't really supposed to.

Sandalio was just going to hope that they hadn't lost nearly that amount of time this time though. A few days would be one thing, but a few years... that was a long time to leave the Seireitei with no leader. Longer than he could consider to be acceptable.

Sandalio frowned slightly at the question. Why would a god ask a mortal that question? He thought for a moment of those who had been lost, those who had been reborn and eventually ended up where they had started, in some sense or another. He thought of the way he still felt for Kassandros all these years later and he considered too the way his heart still hurt for those of the rebellion who's fate he still did not know.

"Yes, I think it is." Sandalio said finally, slowly. "Even if we do not really remember, the heart does. I think that is why humans occasionally romanticize the idea of love at first sight. It isn't first sight at all, it is merely reunion." There was a slight pause. "I must admit, I wasn't expecting that question."

Kasaya Nakajima

Star Queen

We are all a single strand in the web of life. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.

? Years Young 12 Posts Goteijusantai Kidoshu Third Seat

So it was. Well, the good news was, such a massive amount of time loss was fairly rare. She could hardly remember the last time it'd happened. It probably didn't matter too much, in the end. It was quite some time ago, and perhaps that was the extent of the important part. She smiled a little, in that odd knowing way she did, but decided to let that go.

Ah. ... he was repeating her own words back to her. Hmm. But then, maybe those were quite valid here. Even if he didn't remember her, in his head, there were reasons that people were drawn to one another. Maybe, even if all she ended up doing was being his friend, it wouldn't be a very bad idea. It was always more complicated when you were awakened already. Relationships got more complicated, every choice you made was that much more important to think about very thoroughly, and the most mundane things got really complex.

"I'm sure," Kasaya answered. "Let's just say you're not the only one following a soul from incarnation to incarnation. But things are more complicated when you're a god. Being omniscient has its bonuses, and its drawbacks. It's hard to know what counts as influence and what doesn't, at times. I'd like to at least be his friend, but if he's supposed to live a life I'm not in, I don't want to mess with that, either. I created the entire universe. But it took on a life of its own, and now I don't understand its intent." Strange, wasn't it, how her own creation could surprise and confuse her.

And yet it wasn't like she had a clear cut goal for any of it. Much like people, she'd only set the wheels in motion. Where they went from there, that had very little to do with her, nor was it predetermined. That was what was so fascinating about watching it. Anyway. She turned around, waving a hand; the Senkaimon opened again. "I guess the Seireitei can't come here." No, she supposed it could not.

Open up your eyes; save yourself from fading away now, don't let it go;
Open up your eyes; see what you've become, don't sacrifice;

Sandalio Villas

León de España
? Years Young 14 Posts Goteijusantai Ichibantai Commander

Sandalio was quiet for a moment, thinking on what she'd said. He could see why being a god might make it more complicated, but if she herself didn't know what counted as interfering then he doubted it would be as much of a problem as she was concerned about. Finally, he shrugged. "Maybe that you're drawn to go back to them is a sign that it's okay."

She had created the universe after all, even if she also dreamed herself into existence within it. "I guess you have to decide then if the risks are worth the potential benefits." He wouldn't know, really, to be fair. It wasn't like Sandalio knew what could happen if a god interfered with the wrong thing. He barely knew what might happen if a Shinigami followed the wrong soul while it was alive

But there had to be a reason that people were drawn together through multiple lifetimes. It seemed an odd bug in the universe if they weren't supposed to even consider acting on that attraction. Sandalio also found it interesting, though disconcerting, that the apparent goddess of the universe didn't really know what was supposed to happent here either. Didn't know if it was okay to reach out to someone she had once known or not.

What hope did any of them have for making the right decision, if the Soul King herself didn't know? That was probably something to muse on another time. It wasn't as if he didn't have far more pressing issues.

"No, I suppose it won't." Sandalio admitted quietly, approaching the Senkaimon as it opened. On the bright side, he was familiar with them, and the openings didn't unsettle him the way they might have once. Passing between the dimensions was an act that Shinigami just got used to eventually. But the reminder that the Senkaimon could be dangerous never really left them.