Plain of Ice
... and if I am going to die, I will take you with me

Stardust

Started by Arion Katsaros at Apr 09, 2019 7:49 pm
14 Posts

Arion Katsaros

Silver Fox

Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the decision there is something more important than fear.

? Years Young 14 Posts Goteijusantai Sanbantai Captain

That was a good thing. Sometimes, even if you didn't necessarily need a break, one really wouldn't hurt. Slowing down a little here and there was never a bad idea. Fourth Division was in such a constant state of movement, that staying in that constant state of movement wasn't very good for anyone. He should know. He'd probably stayed in a constant state of motion for centuries before Heru showed up and started weirdly sucking up a lot of Arion's time.

It wasn't like he minded. He did, however, have to wonder what the heck all was wrong with this guy sometimes. Most didn't mind having nothing to do with him, but Heru had spent a long time trying his best to be around probably more than was logically safe. On the other hand, of course, he was a Lucain, and the Lucains doing strange things seemed to be par for the course. They had an unnatural talent at choosing the most strange thing to do, and doing it, and somehow never suffering tragic consequences.

What even was that.

"Yaaay." It was very quiet, quiet enough to be easily missed if you weren't paying attention, because heck if Arion was admitting in public he had even a small number of feelings, let alone displaying them. The only bright side was, the Yonbantai were used to his oddities, and didn't call him on it when he did weird things like 'yaaay' suddenly. "I gotta differen'soy sauce'is time," he said. "S'from a differen'distric'. Much better one though." Hopefully it was just as good, or better, because if he could have an excuse to stop supporting the other district, that'd be grand. The worst of the people out there were gone now, but their policies remained.

He decided not to let go of Heru's hand as they went. Strangely, it was comforting, and that was strange because very little was comforting to Arion. It was these odd moments of quiet that he felt weirdly comfortable in. There wasn't much expectation in the silence, was probably what made it comfortable to him. Strangely, Arion didn't much care for those.

Oh! "'ere's a fes'val in Rukon'is weeken' I wan'ed to go to," he mentioned. "Maybe ya'd be up fer goin' with?" He could go alone, for sure. But it was a lot funner when he didn't. Provided, at least, they didn't run into anyone Arion wasn't interested in seeing.

Take me high and I'll sing, oh you make everything okay, okay okay~
We are one and the same, oh you take all of the pain away, away away~
Save me if I become my d e m o n s

Heru Lucain

? Years Young 15 Posts Goteijusantai Yonbantai Lieutenant

Heru smiled rather brightly at Arion's little 'yaaay' there. He was cute, really, a lotof the time. But, Heru had caught it even if no one else around them did and that was the important part. "Ooo. It'll be fun to get to try it with you." The specifics of a soy sauce really could make a significant difference, but Heru was sure it wouldn't be a bad thing.

"Hopefully it will be pretty good." And they went, and their hands remained intertwined and Heru saw that as the absolute opposite of a problem. ... Actually it was weirdly comforting, but Lucains did kind of get attached when they got close to someone, and it really was no wonder that he enjoyed touching and just genreally being around Arion.

Well, Arion seemed to wonder quite a lot. That was... sad in its own way, but not something that Heru could really fix. All he could do was stick around and keep loving him until maybe Arion got the idea that he wasn't going to go anywhere, no matter what happened. That was what love was.

Hm... Arion didn't ask things like that very often. "Sure, just let me know when." He'd make the time to spend some time with. It wasn't like he took a lot of time off generally, so if he had to take a day for the festival, then he'd do it without feeling guilty. Because he did want to spend time with Arion. It wasn't like he got to do that as often as he wanted to, even with their regular lunch breaks.

Why yes, yes Heru did know that he seemed to need a lot of attention or time. He tried not to ask for more than Arion was willing to give, of course. He didn't want to overload the guy, but if he could squeeze more time in with Arion's blessing, then he wasn't going to say no. Besides, Rukongai festivals could be a lot of fun, depending on which one it was, Heru just didn't get a chance to go to very many of them.

Arion Katsaros

Silver Fox

Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the decision there is something more important than fear.

? Years Young 14 Posts Goteijusantai Sanbantai Captain

One could hope. It wasn't like Arion was expecting tragedy, but lesser things had gone horribly wrong before. In any case, that'd at least cut off monetary flow to a certain district, and probably, Arion shouldn't care so much about it. It was easier not to think about Rukongai when you were out of it and its overall state wasn't really your problem. Your life got simpler when you remembered that.

Anyway, that was almost too easy, but on the other hand, it wasn't like Arion asked after things like that very often. It probably shouldn't have been surprising how easy it was. It also wasn't like Heru took a lot of time off. Maybe it'd be good for both of them. If nothing else, the down time for them both would probably be a good idea, even if Arion pretended he couldn't appreciate it.

"It's Sunday," Arion said. "Ou'in wes'fifth." Most of the cultural festivals were held closer to the Seireitei, because it was much safer closer to the Seireitei, and if shinigami came to such functions, it usually meant a decent amount of income. Not that the lower-numbered districts really needed more money, but if you asked any one of them, they'd sure think they did. "This one's th'Greek one." And presumably, at least given his name, one could assume Arion was probably Greek. Maybe not completely Greek, but it had to be in there somewhere.

Mostly, Arion didn't remember. As far as he could remember, he'd always been in Rukongai, but he wasn't sure if he'd died and come to Rukongai very young, or if he'd been born in Rukongai. Either one was possible. And when he finally needed words, it wasn't Japanese that came to mind first, it was Greek, though after some research, Arion had determined it was very old Greek that he knew. The kind of Greek that was used in antiquity, back when empires were conquering other empires, not anytime recently.

He had no idea where he came from, and it'd always bothered him. It was what it was though. He'd probably never know. Still, it was probably notable, even if only because Arion didn't often show any interest in the cultural festivals. He liked to pretend that he just existed one day, so it'd seem.

Take me high and I'll sing, oh you make everything okay, okay okay~
We are one and the same, oh you take all of the pain away, away away~
Save me if I become my d e m o n s

Heru Lucain

? Years Young 15 Posts Goteijusantai Yonbantai Lieutenant

Heru nodded, taking a second to add that into his calendar so there was no way he could forget it in the rush of too many things happening at once. He also made a note of where even though he'd probably meet up with Arion before they actually went out that way, just so they didn't have trouble finding each other in the crowd. ... Even with reiatsu sensing that could be a pain in the rear.

The greek one, hm? Well, that was kind of interesting. But then again Katsaros was definitely greek sounding so it sort of made sense. It did serve as an unusually clear indication of Arion's history that Heru honestly hadn't expected to get that day. Or... ever, really. Arion was a very private guy and he didn't like to talk about his past any.

"I'm almost certain I can get that day off. I'll ask when I go back." Just to make sure, because sooner was generally better, but Shigeru was a reasonable guy, and Heru was pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem at all. After all, he was usually present and helpful. And there was a chance that depending on how long things ran he could still come into the office in the evening and catch up if he really needed to.

Not really the point, so anyway.

"I appreciate you asking me to come." Because Arion was a very private guy, and it was pretty unusual for him to share something that could be construed as personal. But, also, because Heru would enjoy the chance to see it and they could spend time together.

Over all, it was definitely a winning combination in his opinion, just as long as nothing happened at the festival. But, they were usually pretty safe. That was one of the reasons they were held so close to the Seireitei, after all, because they were safer.